Our mission statement: “Maximizing Lifestyle Choices by Placing You in Control of Your Financial Life” says it all. We ensure that we apply the most appropriate retirement strategy to meet your individual goals and objectives to enable you to enjoy your retirement.
A holistic approach
Your Elixir Private Wealth adviser takes a holistic approach to retirement planning, with a personalised retirement plan designed to help you enjoy the retirement lifestyle you’ve been looking forward to. Your plan covers every aspect of your financial life, including risk protection and estate planning, so you can be confident that your family’s future is secure.
We develop your plan using a disciplined process, founded on a meticulous fact finding process that ensures we have a thorough understanding of your situation and aspirations.
Retirement planning strategies
Here are some of the retirement planning strategies we may help you explore, depending on your individual situation:
- Salary sacrifice: Making pre-tax contributions through salary sacrifice provides the dual benefit of reducing your taxable income and maximising your super contributions. For someone in the highest tax bracket, that can provide an upfront tax break of 31.5%. And because earnings within super are taxed at a maximum of 15%, you’ll also build more wealth over time than in a comparable non-super investment.
- Contribution splitting: For couples where there is a considerable difference in earnings, there can be a significant tax benefit in diverting extra super contributions to the lower-paid partner’s account.
- Self-managed super: If you are looking for greater investment choice and control, a self-managed super fund (SMSF) can be an attractive choice. We’ll help you manage the complexities of setting up and administering your own fund, developing a personalised investment strategy that maximises your opportunities, while keeping risk under control.
- Transition to Retirement(TTR): Depending on your cashflow requirement and the tax benefits of converting your super to a pension, we can address a TTR strategy to enhance both your lifestyle as well as your net returns from your retirement fund.
- Retirement income streams: Once you’ve stopped working, the right choice of retirement income stream is essential to fund your retirement lifestyle over the long term. We can help you select the best option for your personal situation, and then structure your income to support your changing circumstances.
- Wills and estate planning: We can help you explore options for transferring wealth effectively to leave a lasting legacy for your family, including testamentary and family trusts.