Our Investment Approach
The Elixir Private Wealth advice team strives towards enriching our clients’ lives through prudent and conscientious management of their financial affairs enveloped in total care and respect.
We invest the necessary time and effort right at the start into helping you clarify what is most important to you and your family. This understanding allows us to provide advice that is tailored to helping you achieve these goals and objectives. A key component of this advice is investment planning and as such Elixir Private Wealth Pty Ltd have always adhered to a clear and robust approach based on our investment philosophy.
The Elixir Private Wealth Pty Ltd Investment Philosophy
Our approach to investment planning is underpinned by a number of key beliefs. These key beliefs form the basis of the Elixir Private Wealth Investment Philosophy. This Investment Philosophy is used to establish and review our client’s portfolios. We believe that:
- Diversification leads to more consistent outcomes
- A disciplined approach underpins successful long-term investing (Contrarian investing)
- Risk and return work together
- Portfolios should be tailored to our client’s objectives and risk profile
“Don’t put all your eggs in one basket”
Implementing our Investment Philosophy
To implement our investment philosophy, Elixir Private Wealth incorporates research from a ‘Panel’ of brokers and analysts as well as Asset Consultants like JANA to ensure the most up-to-date market intelligence and research is employed in the construction of our clients’ investment portfolios.
This approach allows us to take a structured, disciplined and consistent approach to building client portfolios and to maximize in-house and external experience and knowledge for the benefit of all our clients.
Please see illustration below for further clarification on our process:
How we help
Our partnership is built on understanding. From our first meeting, we take the time to explore your individual financial and lifestyle aspirations. Once we have defined the scope of our advice and identified your goals and objectives, we then follow a disciplined, four-step process to create a personalised strategy, tailored for you.
- Understanding: We begin by developing a deep understanding of the important issues that will shape your financial plan, including your goals, priorities, financial resources and attitude toward risk.
- Strategy: Next, we build on our understanding to create a personalised strategy, structured around your goals. In formulating your strategy, we’ll draw on the market insights and research capabilities of the Godfrey Pembroke network and the wider MLC group.
- Implementation: Once we have agreed on a strategy with you, we put it into action, creating a customised portfolio tailored to your needs.
- Review: We continuously monitor your portfolio to make sure you’re on track to achieve your objectives. Then we meet regularly with you and your family to review its performance, explore new opportunities, identify emerging risks, and understand your evolving needs.
We can help you explore a wide range of investment options, including:
- Direct Australian equities: Customised portfolios designed to generate either capital growth or a tax-effective income stream, depending on your needs.
- IPOs and capital raisings: Exclusive investment opportunities from fast-moving emerging companies.
- Property: Residential and commercial property investments, including property held through a self-managed super fund (SMSF).
- Managed funds: Cost-effective exposure to a diverse range of assets through professionally managed funds, including wholesale funds otherwise unavailable to individual investors.
- Exchange-traded funds: Combining the flexibility and liquidity of shares with the diversification benefits of managed funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are an increasingly popular investment option.
- Fixed interest and hybrids: Often perceived as a purely defensive investment, bonds and other fixed-interest investments can also generate superior long-term returns with reduced risk.
- Capital-protected investments: Geared investments with the security of built-in capital protection.
- Structured investments. Specialised investments structured to generate income or capital gains over a specified time-frame, often with tax benefits.
- Separately Managed Accounts (SMA’s): that aim to provide individual investors with access to the benefits of portfolio diversification, professional management and administrative ease that are often only available to larger entities.
- Individually Managed Accounts: A tailored investment management vehicle combining direct share ownership with professional management.